I’ve my sister to thank for sending me this Etsy interview of Justina Blakeney whose bohemian/global fusion style makes me smile wide. Collecting travel pieces, believing in color, and having a reverence for plants are some of Blakeney’s specific traits that resonate with me.

Here are some of my favorite images from her L.A. bungalow home.

Does anything in this home pop out to you? Please share your thoughts.

{image credit:etsy}

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

15 Comments ( Reply )

1. Dinah
    Jul 17, 2012 @ 4:06 pm

Absolutely love every bit of this home. Just needs patio doors swung open looking onto the Ocean with white linen curtains flapping in the breeze.
    Oh and what pops out is simply how nice it would be to live there.
    Dinah

• christinemartindesign
      Jul 17, 2012 @ 9:13 pm

Ooh, nice addition, Dinah. Ocean breeze would put this place over the top. I could see how this place is just your style. :)

2. Angela
    Jul 17, 2012 @ 5:15 pm

Love reading your blog, great stuff on here. So I do love color, but I find it tricky to match so many different colors together. When you are working with a small space do you think you coordinate the colors by un-matching the colors? Fun bungalow, keep up the awesome posts!

• christinemartindesign
      Jul 18, 2012 @ 8:33 pm

Thanks, Ang. So great seeing you here. Yes, color choice is a skill that may be determined by space. In this bungalow, I see many bright pops of color and design that compliment one another…like the turquoise and corals, baby blue and pink. For sure, this woman is not afraid to try different combination…more so than I would, but somehow it works! A great example of testing the waters. :)

3. Emily January
    Jul 17, 2012 @ 5:54 pm

Such beautiful colors!

4. tina
    Jul 17, 2012 @ 10:53 pm

Was just going to say the same thing. It’s easy to be in a good mood when your home is bright, bold and light. Well, mine is and I do find it hard to get depressed:)

Just love that Bohemian look! x

• christinemartindesign
      Jul 18, 2012 @ 8:33 pm

HI Tina…do you have a home tour on your site? I’d love to see what you do with your space. I think we’d have lots in common. Thanks for stopping by.

5. Holly
    Jul 18, 2012 @ 9:50 am

How fun!!! Of course, you probably already know that this is not really my style, but I still appreciate it very much. It’s lively and colorful and has a lot of dimension and personality. Plus, it seems to reflect the inhabitant very well, and that’s really what’s most important.

Great!

• christinemartindesign
      Jul 18, 2012 @ 8:32 pm

Totally agree, Holly…reflection of personality is #1 in my book too. Really soon, I will share a post that is certainly Holly worthy-cleaner lines, focus on material and form. Stay tuned, my friend….let me know when I’ve struck a chord. :)

6. noushin
    Jul 18, 2012 @ 12:15 pm

I love the originality in the study-room the MOST, & overall it Rocks! It is really the HaPpY living :)

7. Sarah
    Jul 29, 2012 @ 7:22 pm

I love the idea of mix and match. Different colours, different texture. Especially those DIY things you could do easily and for a low cost. I love the wall frames and colourful pillows! :)

• christinemartindesign
      Jul 30, 2012 @ 1:08 am

I know! Colors and textures draw me in always. There are the rare moments when I dig the minimalist look too though. Thanks for sharing, Sarah.

• Sarah
        Jul 30, 2012 @ 12:10 pm

You’re welcome! I love minimalist too. But somehow, with all the clutter we have here in our flat, it’s so hard to do! :(